Greg Hargrave – Executive Chairman
- Greg brings extensive Entrepreneurial and Management experience, both in large Publicly Listed Environments, and also in highly successful Private Start-ups.
- 2003-2010: SKILLED Group Chief Executive Officer for over 7 years; Australia’s Largest Diversified Industrial Services Company. As CEO he grew company revenues from circa AUD$654M to AUD$1.93B.
- Greg has been Director of Larkfield Funds Management from 1997 and Chairman from 2001-2011. Larkfield Funds Management invests in a diverse range of assets including property and agricultural, listed and non-listed entities, as well as venture capital, private equity and hedge fund investments.
- Greg was a Director and Co-founder of Direct Cash, Australia’s first Private ATM Network, which was successfully sold to CashCard. Greg is a former Council member of the Australian Industry Group, a Board Member of St Vincent’s Hospital Foundation and Chairman of the St Vincent’s Hospital Cancer Appeal.
Ben Silluzio – CEO & CIO
Diploma of Financial Markets
Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance
Responsible Executive (R.E.) – Deakin Prime/Stockbroker’s Association
- Ben has 20 years’ financial markets experience servicing hedge funds and ultra high net worth individuals.
- Ben is primarily responsible for making the Fund’s investment decisions, and was the creator and architect of the Manager’s Q-Score process – a stock selection and risk management process which ranks listed companies based on fundamental improvements/deteriorations in each business.
- Extensive global financial institution experience including:
- 1996: Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA);
- 1997: Colonial Institutional;
- 2000: Credit Suisse First Boston (Vice President);
- 2002: Ben founded the Qato Q-Score process, a fundamentally based bottom-up investment process;
- 2003: Citi Group Smith Barney (Senior Vice President). Member of Century Council for Citi globally;
- 2006: UBS Wealth Management AG (Director);
- 2011: RBS Morgans’ Ultra High Net Worth division (Founding Managing Partner).
Brett Dawson – COO & Portfolio Manager
Bachelor of Applied Economics
Bachelor of Commerce in Banking & Finance
Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance
- Brett has over 10 years financial industry experience in both buy-side (Institutional Funds Management, Hedge Fund of Funds) & sell-side (Private client Wealth Management) investing.
- Brett has comprehensive experience including:
- 2004: Warakirri Funds Management;
- 2007: UBS Wealth Management AG; and
- 2011: Co-founded the RBS Morgans’ Ultra High Net Worth Division.
- Brett is primarily responsible for managing the Fund’s operation working closely with the CEO. Brett was the architect and creator of a proprietary top-down macroeconomic model which assesses multiple sectors of the real economy to identify improving/deteriorating economic conditions and turning points in the business cycle.
James Skerrett – Legal, Compliance, Risk, & Operations
Master of Laws (Juris Doctor)
Bachelor of Arts (Global)
- James’ legal and compliance career has focused on the financial services sector – his Masters focussed on debt capital markets and international banking and finance. He brings diverse commercial legal and corporate advisory experiences through his time at Herbert Smith Freehills and Orion Corporate Advisory Services. He also has operational and compliance experience at law firm Plexus.
- James’ experience in legal and commercial business is broad, including advising Citic (China) on the AUD$6b Macarthur Coal takeover.
Dean Fergie – Audit, Risk & Compliance Committee
Master of Applied Finance
Bachelor of Engineering (Civil)
- Dean will join Qato Capital’s Audit, Risk & Compliance Committee.
- Dean has over 20 years experience in the funds management industry covering all major asset classes. Dean has lectured for the Securities Institute of Australia and is a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. He also sits on the Investment Committee of Canterbury Funds Management.
- Before setting up Cyan Investment Management, Dean spent 11 years as the founder and Director at OC Funds Ltd (previously Opis Capital Ltd), a boutique Australian equities fund manager. Throughout his tenure as Executive Director, Investments, OC’s three funds generated returns to investors averaging in excess of 4% p.a. above their respective benchmarks. OC’s funds obtained strong ratings from the major investment consultants such as Lonsec, Mercers, Standard and Poors, Zenith and Van Eyk. At its peak, the company managed three funds totalling $350m for more than 1000 individual clients.
- Prior to Opis Capital Limited, Dean was a Portfolio Manager for National Australia Asset Management’s Smaller Companies Fund which had an average fund size of $300m.
Andrew Bennetts – Commercial Manager & Secretary of the Advisory Board
Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy)
- Andrew has over 10 years financial services and management consulting experience working across ANZ, AXA Australia and AT Kearney.
- Andrew is primarily responsible for the business management of the Qato Capital entity.
Katrina Hoffmann – Public Relations & Administration
Former Public Relations Manager – By Joost
Former Executive Assistant and Event Manager – The Prince Hospitality Group.